Monday 9 February 2015

{Recipe} Jacket potatoes

A repost from my old blog


I wanted to post this recipe a few weeks ago (forgive me!) but I was caught up in so many projects that I just couldn’t sit down and spend half an hour writing this up. But here it is now! As with many of the recipes on the blog, It was a whatever-I-had-in-the-pantry-and-the-fridge recipe. And as usual you can substitute wherever you need to.

Jacket potatoes (serves 2 or 4 as a side dish)

Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
4 potatoes
50 g Wensleydale cheese with cranberry
2 tbsp cream
Salt and pepper
1 spring onion (I only used the green part), chopped

  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (190 fan-forced).
  2. Pierce the potatoes with a fork in six places.
  3. Rub with olive oil and salt and pepper.
  4. Place on a baking tray lined with aluminium foil and put in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
  5. Turn down the oven to 180°C (170 fan-forced) and bake for a further hour.
  6. Check if the potatoes are done (when the skin is golden and crisp), take out and place a potato on a clean tea towel. Cut a shallow cross on top and squeeze from underneath to ‘open’ the potato. Repeat with the rest.
  7. Mix the cheese and cream and spoon 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the potatoes and top with spring onion (I don’t like raw spring onion that’s why I cooked it but you can leave this until after you take the potatoes out of the oven).
  8. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
  9. Serve with your favourite main or enjoy it on its own!

Tip: You can use a softer cheese and omit the cream altogether or use whatever toppings you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment